Behavioral Health Module #2 - Personality Disorders
Original Date: Monday, December 11, 2017
Presented by: John Brose, Ph.D., LP, LMFT, LADC and Director, Associated Clinic of Psychology, Minneapolis
Staff in care center, assisted living and adult day programs
• Housing Managers
• LTC Directors of Nursing
• Assisted Living Home Care Nurse Managers
• Adult Day Program Directors
• Social Workers
• Therapeutic Recreation/Activity Professionals
• Other interested staff
• Define what a personality disorder is and how it differs from persons who have a more “solid” or “dense” personality.
• Understand the prevalence of personality disorders in the older adult population you serve so you can anticipate the scale of responses and care that may be required.
• Discuss common symptoms of personality disorders to better address the behaviors that are likely to be present with them.
• Explore effective non-pharmacological approaches to treatment of personality disorders that help individuals address the realities of living and being served in congregate settings.