Behavioral Health Module #3 - Mood Disorders
Original Date: Wednesday, January 10, 2018
Presented by: John Brose, Ph.D., LP, LMFT, LADC and Director, Associated Clinic of Psychology, Minneapolis
Staff in care center, assisted living and adult day programs
• Housing Managers
• LTC Directors of Nursing
• Assisted Living Home Care Nurse Managers
• Adult Day Program Directors
• Social Workers
• Therapeutic Recreation/Activity Professionals
• Other interested staff
• Define a mood disorder, comparing and contrasting it to personality disorders, so you can better recognize when one is present.
• Understand the prevalence of mood disorders in older adults in care centers,
• assisted living and adult day settings.
• Understand how the various mood disorders are treated both pharmacologically and non-pharmacologically.
• Discuss the levels of non-pharmacological interventions for mood disorders your staff can pursue to support the person.