This webinar is designed to familiarize providers as employers with new federal mandates related to the COVID-19 virus and what they need to do to meet those requirements. It will also discuss other applicable employment laws and provide additional guidance for remaining n compliance with them.
• Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) and the requirements for older adult services provider as employers.
• Applicable leaves for qualifying employees - Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act (EPSLA) and the Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act (EFMLEA).
• What can/should be communicated to others.
• Determining when an employee can return to work following CDC’s guidelines.
• PTO, overtime, staff scheduling and compensation issues.
• Strategies for ensuring continuity of services – staff retention, recruitment or layoffs and furloughs.
• Compliance with OSHA requirements and PPE.
Brian T. Benkstein, Attorney and Shareholder and Teresa M. Thompson, Attorney and Shareholder, Fredrikson & Byron, P.A., Minneapolis